A protein rich keto breakfast board with cinnamon French toast, scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage and fresh berries.
I actually rarely eat a traditional breakfast in the mornings. My first meal of the day is usually around noon. So for me, I’m literally breaking a fast by the time I get around to eating something. Regardless of the time of day though, I love eating traditional breakfast foods. Eggs, bacon, sausage or even French Toast are some of my favorite breakfast items. The great thing about these choices is they’re perfect for both keto and non-keto eaters alike! So it’s a great entertaining option, especially around the holidays when you might have a few guests visiting.
Let’s start with French toast since low-carb is not the first thing that comes to mind with this choice. A few years ago, low carb or keto breads were not generally available. If you wanted any kind of bread, you’d have to make it yourself. From scratch. Luckily, with the continued popularity of low carb foods, you can find these options at your local market. In fact, Sprouts Farmers Market has always been sensitive to their shoppers needs in this regard. You’ll find more of these types of options at their stores than with traditional supermarkets. For this reason, I prefer shopping there.
When they started carrying the Chompies brand low carb breads, I was excited to not have to make my own bread anymore! They have a few different varieties, but I used their low-carb cinnamon raisin bread which is only 2 net carbs per slice. Beyond that, the rest of the preparation is the same. Dip your bread slices in some beaten eggs and fry them in a pan with a little butter. At that point, you can drizzle them with your favorite low-carb syrup. My choice is the Lakanto Maple Flavored Syrup with a few fresh berries on top.
The rest of the options, such as sausage, bacon and eggs are pretty standard fare. My only recommendation is to watch out for added sugars in these meats. Again, Sprouts carries the Pederson’s Natural Farms brand which has several no sugar options. I always look for these first as I trust their clean ingredients.
So if you’re looking for a great way to serve your family or guests one holiday morning, try a keto breakfast board. You’ll have plenty of options and a pretty nice looking presentation as well!
Keto Breakfast Board
- French Toast made with Chompies Brand Cinnamon Raisin Bread
- Scrambled Pasture Raised Eggs with chopped chives
- Pederson’s Natural Farm No Sugar Added Uncured Bacon
- Pederson’s Natural Farm No Sugar Added Mild Breakfast Sausage Links
- Breakfast Sausage Patties
- Lakanto Maple Flavored Syrup
- Fresh Strawberries
- Fresh Blueberries
- Fresh Raspberries
- Begin assembling your charcuterie board with your anchors. This will usually be your small bowls, plates and larger items.
- Next assemble the French toast across your board, either lengthwise or down the middle in an “S” shape. This will provide areas to fill with your proteins (bacon, sausage, eggs).
- Fill the remaining spaces with fresh fruits, compotes, jams or other colorful items to provide variety in flavors and fun items to grab.