A collagen and MCT rich keto blueberry vanilla smoothie with healthy protein and fats for a tasty treat or meal replacement.
One of the harder things when starting a keto diet is finding quick and easy options for snacks or meals. Most of the time you’re making your meals from scratch to control the ingredients and carb intake. This is often time consuming, so fast options help to make adherence that much easier. A five minute drink that has healthy fats from MCT oil and reparative proteins from collagen make for a perfect option.
The keto blueberry vanilla smoothie base can certainly be used with other options such as strawberries or raspberries. Another creation could be to skip the berries all together and use coffee instead for a blended latte. The Sprouts brand collagen and MCT powder is a great addition to drinks and can be mixed both hot or cold. I’ll often put a scoop into a cup of hot coffee as it works great as a creamer. You can also use the powder in your keto baking such as waffles or even desserts. Super versatile! Sprouts Farmers Market also carries lots of various keto friendly products and is always adding new ones. I like to visit often to see what new options they put on their shelves.
Collagen is often recommended on the keto diet. Some people may experience hair loss or thinning and collagen is the first recommended option. This is usually a transitionary thing as your body gets accustomed to the new diet. Adding in collagen to your daily intake helps the body rebuild the necessary components to fend off this common side-effect.
The addition of MCT oils are also a great way to provide the body with an easily accessible source of energy for keto. Since ketosis is using fat for fuel, MCT quickly gets broken down by the body and used an energy source. Since the body no longer has glucose as the primary energy source, giving it a little extra fat boost helps with becoming efficient at burning fat. Plus is satiating!
Keto Blueberry Vanilla Smoothie
- 10 oz unsweetened nut milk almond, coconut, macadamia
- ¼ cup Sprouts Collagen & MCT Vanilla Creamer
- ¼ cup frozen or fresh blueberries
- 1 cup ice
- 1 tbsp preferred granulated sweetener
- ¼ tsp guar or xantham gum optional
- whipped cream for topping optional
- Combine nut milk, Sprouts creamer, blueberries, ice, and sweetener into a blender and blend until smooth.
- Dust optional guar or xantham gum into smoothie and pulse an extra 5 seconds. This will thicken your smoothie if preferred.
- Pour into glass, top with whip cream & enjoy!