This chicken crust pizza is your lower carb and calorie option to Fat Head pizza dough. With all the extra macros you save, you can load up on more delicious toppings.
This pizza crust was originally created by the wonderful folks at ketoconnect.net which was modeled after a popular chicken crust pizza product from Real Good Foods. Using chicken, eggs, and parmesan cheese, it creates a super low carb pizza crust to use as a blank palette for your toppings. I’ve found that the original recipe was a little flavorless so I added a touch more seasoning to make up for the taste.
I will choose to use this pizza crust recipe over the popular Fat Head dough recipe because it is high protein and low carb (2 net carbs for the whole crust). While Fat Head dough wins on flavor, it’s also packed with calories and much higher carb count. With this crust I can add more carb heavy ingredients like tomatoes, bell peppers, or other veggies and still have a really low carb meal.
I always keep stacks of canned chicken in my pantry so I have a go-to meal option. Just be sure you check the ingredients list on your chicken as many contain fillers or preservatives. I look for organic chicken breast stored in water and salt. That’s it.
One you give this chicken crust a try I promise you’ll be adding it to your rotation of meals. It really is my favorite option.
Chicken Crust Pizza
- 20 oz canned chicken
- 2 oz parmesan cheese grated
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp Italian Seasoning
- 1 pinch salt
- Begin by draining the chicken and laying it down on several paper towels. Press moisture out of chicken with additional towels to remove excess water.
- Transfer chicken to baking sheet lined with parchment paper and bake at 350°F for 10 minutes.
- Increase oven temperature to 500°F
- Combine chicken, cheese, eggs, Italian seasoning and salt to a bowl and mix
- Spread chicken mixture onto another sheet of parchment paper and for pizza shaped crust. I find that using a rolling pin with another parchment sheet helps get the crust thin.
- Bake for 10 minutes at 500°F
- Add pizza sauce, toppings and cook for an additional 8-10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool for a 3-4 minutes before slicing.