Pork chops seasoned with paprika and covered in a creamy garlic mushroom sauce. A one pan meal that’s both easy and delicious.
Mushrooms and cream go together like peanut butter and jelly. Well okay, that’s a bit of a stretch, but it’s still a delicious combination. You can use mushroom cream in all sorts of dishes including soups and sauces for chicken, steak and pork. It’s incredibly versatile because of its rich flavor profile and tastes delicious in any combination.
This creamy garlic mushroom pork chop one pan meal starts with seasoning your chops with a coating of paprika and a little salt. This gives your chops an extra layer of flavor and also lends a beautiful color to the dish. In my preparation I used some small thin cut boneless pork chops that I picked up at my local Sprouts Farmers Market. Their meat selection is great and the pork never has added antibiotics or hormones, which I always prefer. Of course, you can use thick cut or bone-in chops, you’ll just need to cook them to your desired doneness. A slight pink is perfectly fine with pork, and I usually do mine to a medium (so that they retain some juiciness).
Next comes your garlic mushroom cream sauce. Heavy cream and baby bella mushrooms are a powerful duo in the flavor department. Heavy cream gives the sauce a luscious thickness and the mushrooms provide a deep umami flavor. The trick is to brown your mushrooms in your frying pan so that they pick up color and season the pan. Then when you deglaze the pan with heavy cream it’ll blend with your pan drippings to pull all the flavors together.
This is an easy weeknight meal that comes together quickly in 20 minutes. By using ingredients that each have deep flavors individually, you get a super tasty meal with hardly any effort. That’s my kind of dish.
Creamy Garlic Mushroom Pork Chops
- 6 pork chops
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 1 tsp salt
- 12 oz baby bella mushrooms sliced
- 1½ oz shallot finely chopped
- 4-5 cloves garlic finely chopped
- ½ cup chicken stock
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream
- oil & butter for frying olive or avocado oil
- Italian parsley (for garnish)
- Pat pork chops dry with a paper towel then season with paprika and salt.
- Place a large fry pan over medium high heat and add a pad of butter and a tablespoon of oil to pan. Fry pork chops in oil until cooked through (about 2-3 minutes per side for thin cutlets). Set pork chops aside to rest.
- To the same fry pan, add additional oil and the sliced mushrooms. Brown the mushrooms till they are soft and have taken on color (about 5 minutes). Add chopped shallots and garlic to mushrooms and continue to cook an additional minute.
- Add chicken stock and heavy whipping cream to mushrooms and sauté for 3-4 minutes. Season with salt and pepper if necessary.
- Return pork chops and any remaining juice to the pan and mix with the mushroom cream sauce. Serve with chopped Italian parsley for garnish.