A classic comfort food made low carb. Keto Cheeseburger Macaroni made with low carb elbow pasta from Great Low Carb Bread Company.
As a kid one of my favorite meals was hamburger helper. I would beg my mom to make it for us. All. The. Time. Since going Keto though, pasta (of any kind) is really not considered an option. When I saw others in the community use pasta products from The Great Low Carb Co. I absolutely needed to get my hands on some.
When I received the elbow macaroni package, I was eager to see if it would pass as a quality pasta alternative. Well I can undeniably say yes, this stuff is good. While not the cheapest option, I think if you can get a good price or buy in bulk, these pasta options are a solid choice. They have four different varieties so your options on pasta dishes are pretty good.
The elbow macaroni is 7 net carbs per serving for 2 oz. So depending on how hungry you are, you should plan your serving size for your carb allotment that day. Alternatively, you can change the ratio of pasta to beef and have a more filling meal with less pasta. Whichever option you choose, it’ll be delicious either way.
The cheese sauce is simply a little heavy cream with cream cheese & cheddar cheese. The two together, make for a thick sauce that will cover everything nicely. The sauce isn’t limited to just this dish though. You could use it for just about anything you could imagine, though broccoli is the first that comes to mind. Additionally, you can experiment by combining cheeses such as cheddar with gruyere for a bolder more sophisticate flavor.
This cheeseburger macaroni dish will surely hit all the comfort feels, and if you’re like me, all the nostalgia ones too. So grab some low carb pasta and make a heaping serving for yourself. You won’t be disappointed.
Keto Cheeseburger Macaroni
- 1 1/4 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2 ounces cream cheese
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 10 ounces cheddar shredded
- 1 package Great Low Carb Bread Co. Elbow Macaroni
- 1.5 lbs ground beef
- 1 tbsp onion powder
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- Combine heavy cream, cream cheese, and butter to a sauce pan over medium heat and stir until melted.
- Whisk in dijon mustard and pepper until incorporated.
- Remove saucepan from heat and add shredded cheddar cheese. Stir until combined.
- Prepare macaroni pasta per instructions. I recommend seasoning the water with salt for additional flavor to pasta noodles.
- While pasta is cooking, season beef with onion powder, garlic powder, salt & pepper and brown until no longer pink.
- Once pasta has finishined cooking (10 minutes), drain completely. Combine cooked beef and cheese sauce with the pasta and stir to combine. Serve immediately.