This keto cheesy hamburger bake combines all the flavors of your favorite bacon cheeseburger, only without the bun. Top with fresh lettuce and tomatoes, or enjoy it on its own.
Burgers are easily one of my top favorite foods (only slightly below BBQ though). They’re convenient, delicious and can be prepared with all sorts of toppings to keep things interesting. They are also a great keto option when dining out because just about every restaurant has an option. I’ve found most restaurants will cater to a low carb diet by wrapping the burger in lettuce or just leaving off the bun. I hate wasting food (even bread), so I make it a point to ask for no bun when ordering.
This cheesy hamburger bake tastes similar to the ones you’d order at your local hamburger joint. It combines cheese, mustard, pickles and bacon and then bound with a few eggs to keep it together. You could certainly just grill a burger patty, but this is more convenient to eat with a spoon. And whenever I can eat something with a spoon, that’s a win in my book.
It’s also great for leftovers. I’ll typically make a big batch of it and portion out servings in glass containers. Then reheat it in an oven to keep the bacon and cheese nice and crispy. Moreover, the family loves it too so it’s a frequent dish in our household.
So bake yourself up a hamburger tonight
There’s nothing too complicated about putting this together. You could save a few calories by reducing the amount of cheese and cream I’ve called for, but I personally love the flavor. Maybe just serve yourself a smaller portion size *wink*. One other tip… I always crank up the broiler at the very end to get the top nice and brown. This adds flavor and also makes the tips of the bacon and pickles nice and crispy.
So bake yourself up a hamburger tonight. You’ll love it, the kids will love it, you get to use a spoon, everyone wins!
Keto Cheesy Hamburger Bake
- 5 slices bacon
- 1/2 yellow onion chopped
- 3 cloves garlic chopped
- 2 lbs ground beef
- salt & pepper
- 3 oz cream cheese
- 4 large eggs
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 3 tbsp yellow mustard
- 2 cups cheddar cheese shredded
- hamburger dill pickles
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese for topping
- In a large heavy pan, cook bacon until crispy and set aside.
- Add chopped onion to pan and cook until translucent, 5-6 minuets. Add garlic and cook and additional 1-2 minutes.
- Add ground beef to pan with salt & pepper, and cook until no longer pink. Add cream cheese and mix until incorporated. Transfer meat mixture to an oven safe casserole dish.
- In a mixing bowl, add eggs, heavy cream and yellow mustard and whisk until combined. Fold in 2 cups shredded cheese then pour cheese sauce over your meat mixture.
- Top with hamburger dill pickles, additional cheese and crumbled bacon. Bake at 350°F for 15 minutes, then under the broiler for an additional 3-4 minutes until cheese has browned.