An easy and delicious meal or appetizer, this keto ranch chicken with Creamy Buffalo dip is a great anytime option.
Buffalo chicken with ranch dip is a classic flavor pairing. For a different spin, I marinated the chicken in ranch and paired it with a buffalo dip. Using a dip is a great option if you’re not a fan of super spicy foods. You can control the amount of spiciness by just adding a little more or less dip. Another bonus is less mess!
While ranch dressing is popular in the keto diet, many dressings have added sugars (often maltodextrin) or additives that are less than ideal. Finding good, clean options can be difficult. I used this Ranch dressing and marinade from Primal Kitchen. The ingredients in this product are recognizable and clean:
Avocado Oil, Water, Organic Apple Cider Vinegar, Organic Distilled Vinegar, Organic Gum Acacia, Organic Guar Gum, Cream of Tartar, Sea Salt, Organic Eggs, Organic Onion Powder, Organic Garlic Powder, Organic Lemon Juice Concentrate*, Nutritional Yeast, Organic Parsley, Organic Chives, Organic Dill, Organic Black Pepper, Organic Rosemary Extract.
As you can see, clean ingredients with healthy fats like avocado oil and organic eggs. Drop some chicken strips into half a bottle of this ranch, leave it in your fridge overnight and you have a tasty, flavorful option with little effort. I’m able to find this product and many other keto friendly ones at my local Sprouts Farmers Market. The fact that Sprouts is all over the country makes them a source I recommend time and time again. They carry plenty of whole, clean foods and often stock newer keto products before anyone else gets them. Definitely a great store for anyone wanting to maintain a keto diet long term.
The creamy buffalo dip can be made several days in advance if you’re looking to save a bit of time. It works great with Primal Kitchen’s Mayo with Avocado Oil which is what I used in my recipe. Alternatively, you can use sour cream for a tangier flavor. Either option works and both are delicious. Dip celery sticks, veggies, pork rinds or even use it as a spread. Any buffalo sauce can be used, since they are mostly vinegar and hot sauce (though avoid any sweet ones). Just choose the heat level that you prefer. I recommend starting with a small amount (1/4 cup) and working your way up to the desired heat. If you go overboard, you can always balance it out with more cream cheese and mayo.
Give this Keto Ranch Chicken with Creamy Buffalo dip a shot, it’s delicious. Best of all, it’s super easy as weeknight dinner or even an appetizer for get togethers.
Keto Ranch Chicken with Creamy Buffalo Dip
Ranch Chicken Strips
- 5 lbs chicken strips
- 5 oz Ranch Dressing or Marinade Primal Kitchen Ranch Avocado Oil Dressing
Buffalo Cream Dip
- 8 oz cream cheese softned and cut into cubes
- ¼ cup mayonnaise or sour cream
- ¼-½ cup buffalo sauce
- In a large gallon resealable bag or bowl, combine chicken strips and Ranch dressing.
- Let the chicken marinate in your refrigerator for 4 hours or more. Overnight is best.
Buffalo Cream Dip
- Combine cream cheese mayonnaise and buffalo sauce into a food processor and blend to combine.
- Depending on your chosed buffalo sauce, begin with a ¼ cup and work your way up to desired flavor or spicyness. Store in refigerator for up to 5 days.
Assembling the Meal
- Remove chicken strips from marinade bag and grill. About 3-4 minutes per side.
- Serve chicken strips with Buffalo Cream Dip. Celery sticks make a great accompaniment for the dish as well.
Leave a Reply