Cucumber Cream Cheese Bites
These little finger foods are a great addition to one of your get togethers. Hearty slices of cucumbers topped with cream cheese and sun dried tomato pesto. A spicy ‘nduja is mixed into the pesto for extra flavor with a little fresh basil to top it off.
- 1 cup drained oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes about 6 ounces
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese grated
- 1/4 cup fresh basil or 1 tablespoon dried chopped
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts toasted
- 3 garlic cloves
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 1 oz spicy ’nduja Optional
- 1-2 whole cucumbers
- 1 block Cream Cheese softened
Combine sun-dried tomatoes, Parmesan cheese, basil, pine nuts and garlic in food processor. With machine running, gradually add olive oil and process until smooth paste forms. Mix the ‘nduja paste at the end to incorporate. Can be refrigerated up to 1 week.
With a peeling utensil, peel sides of the cucumber with uniform stripes. Slice cucumber into 1/2 inch coins. Pipe softened cream cheese over the top of each cucumber slice.
Top each cream cheese bite with a spoonful of pesto and garnish with additional basil.