This California Turkey Egg White Wrap is stuffed with deli sliced turkey, avocado, bacon, tomatoes, butter lettuce, sprouts and homemade garlic aioli inside an everything bagel egg white wrap.
A simple sandwich wrap always hits the spot. Even better when it’s filled with fresh, clean ingredients like avocado, tomatoes, sprouts and butter lettuce. Add in your proteins and a tasty spread and you’ve got a meal you can pack for a healthy and filling lunch.
I found these Egglife Foods egg white wraps at my local Sprouts Farmers Market. I was excited to try them since they’re essentially just egg whites and xanthan gum. The xanthan gum helps keep the wraps bendy without ripping or breaking. Perfect for a sandwich wrap. They have a few different flavors but I went with the “Everything Bagel” one which is flavored with garlic, cumin, onion, chili pepper, red pepper, salt, black pepper, red bell pepper, green bell pepper, dill seed & white pepper. While I was at Sprouts, I grabbed some sliced turkey and bacon from the deli counter and some veggies from their wide selection of fresh produce. Often times I’ll find a new, keto friendly option (like these wraps) and quickly decide I’ll make a meal around them finding everything I need in one place. Love it!
Finally I decided I wanted to make a fresh aioli spread for the wrap. Aioli is pretty much just a fancy mayonnaise. You could certainly grab a garlic mayonnaise (there are some great avocado oil ones), but making a fresh aioli tastes sooo much better and really isn’t that difficult. It consists of a few simple ingredients such as eggs, lemon juice, garlic a little mustard and an oil (olive or avocado). You whisk all these together till it starts to thicken up, and you’ve got a delicious spread to use in this California Turkey Egg White Wrap. It should keep in the fridge for a few days so you could easily make it in advance too!
California Turkey Egg White Wrap
- 2 garlic cloves minced & mashed
- 1 large egg yolk
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- ½ tsp Dijon mustard
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil or avocado oil
Egg White Wrap
- 1 Egglife Everything Bagel Egg White wrap
- 1-2 slices deli style turkey
- ½ avocado smashed
- 1 slice bacon cooked
- 1 butter lettuce leaf
- ½ oz alfalfa or broccoli sprouts
- 4 cherry tomatoes quartered
- Mince and mash garlic into a paste by adding a little salt and pressing your minced garlic with a heavy knife.
- In a bowl, whisk together the egg yolk, lemon juice and mustard.
- While continuously whisking, slowly drizzle the oil into the egg yolk mixture. This will emulsify the oil a create a thick, mayonnaise-lkke consistency.
- Add smashed garlic to your mixture and add additional salt & pepper to taste.
Egg White Wrap
- Spread a tablespoon of your garlic aioli on an Egglife Everything Bagel egg white wrap.
- Layer your turkey, smashed avocado, bacon, butter lettuce, sprouts and cherry tomatoes. Fold over and enjoy!