Shirataki noodles are one of those weird little food substitutes. They’re all fiber so they’re a good weight-loss tool since they fill you up with very little calories. I decided I would make up for those robbed calories with a big helping of this keto garlic mushroom fettuccine Alfredo sauce.
Shirataki noodles are made from the Japanese konjac yam. You can typically find the noodles at your local grocery store. I usually find them in the gluten free area or the pasta section. You can also purchase them online too and I have a link at the bottom of the page as well. They are 97% water and 3% fiber so the are pretty much calorie free. They have a slight rubbery texture which some people don’t care for. Also they have a pungent smell in the stored packaging but become flavorless after prepared per the instructions of the package. I rinse them really well and once dried on a hot fry pan they are ready to be flavored. Toss them in the Alfredo sauce before serving to get all the flavor from the sauce.
I started by browning sliced mushrooms with a few chopped garlic cloves then setting them aside. In the same pan, I browned a couple chicken breasts, then set those aside as well. I then deglazed the pan with half a stick of butter and about a cup of heavy cream and gave it some time to reduce. Lastly I added the mushrooms, a handful of parmesan cheese and seasoned it with a pinch of nutmeg. Plated with the noodles tossed in the Alfredo sauce, sliced chicken and some chopped prosciutto on top.
Keto Garlic Mushroom Fettuccine Alfredo
- 1 package Miracle Noodle Fettuccini
- Mushrooms sliced
- Garlic cloves chopped
- Chicken breast grilled
- 1/2 stick butter
- 1 cup of heavy cream
- handful Parmesan cheese
- Pinch Nutmeg
- prosciutto chopped
- Prepare Miracle Noodle according to package and set aside.
- Brown sliced mushrooms in a pan with a few chopped garlic cloves then set them aside.
- In the same pan, I brown a couple of chicken breasts, then set those aside as well.
- Deglaze the pan with half a stick of butter and about a cup of heavy cream and give it some time to reduce.
- Lastly, add the mushrooms, a handful of parmesan cheese and seasoned it with a pinch of nutmeg.
- Plate with the noodles tossed in the Alfredo sauce, sliced chicken and some chopped prosciutto on top.